Basic English
Training Workbook
Greeting 问候
-Good morning/ afternoon/ evening, sir/ madam!
早上好/下午好/晚上好,先生/夫人!
-How are you today, sir?
您好吗,先生?
-How do you do!
您好吗?
-How are you (doing)?
最近好吗?
-Nice to meet/see you!
很高兴见到你!
Welcome 欢迎
-Welcome to Kempinski Hotel Dalian!
欢迎光临大连凯宾斯基饭店。
-Welcome to our restaurant.
-欢迎光临本餐厅。
-We’re glad to see you again.
-很高兴见到您。
Asking/inquiring 询问/征询
-May I have your name, please?
-可以告诉我您的名字吗?
-Your initials, please?
-请告诉我您姓名的首字母。
-May I have your signature here, sir?
-请您在这里签字。
-Would you like to leave a message?
-您需要留口信么?
-I beg your pardon?
-您能再说一遍么?
-What do you think of our service?
-您觉得我们的服务怎么样?
-May I know your name/room number?
-能告诉我您的名字/房号么?
-May I know whom I’m talking to?
请问您是哪位?(打电话时用)
-May I be of (your) service, madam?
请让我为您服务,夫人。
-May I recommend our xx to you, sir?
先生,我向您推荐xx。
-How about a xx?
xx怎么样?
-Would you like me to book you a xx?
为您预订xx,可以吗?
-Would you like to sit by the window?
您喜欢坐窗边的位置吗?
-Would you like to have a cup of tea?
您来一杯茶吗?
-Is there anything else I can do for you, madam?
夫人,您还有什么需要吗?
Expressing good wishes祝福
-Have a pleasant stay with us, Sir.
愿您和我们共度好时光。
-Have a nice day/ a pleasant evening/ a good weekend!
祝您今天/今晚/周末愉快!
-Enjoy your stay/ day.
祝您愉快!
-Happy New Year/ Birthday!
新年/生日快乐!
-Merry Christmas!
- 圣诞快乐!
Answers to good wishes对祝愿的回答
-You too, Mr. xx /Ms. /Mrs. /Miss.
也祝您愉快!
-The same to you, sir/ madam.
也祝您愉快!
Expressing thanks 致谢
-Thank you very much.
- 非常感谢。
-Thank you for coming.
- 谢谢您的光临。
-Thank you for being so understanding.
- 谢谢您的理解。(得到谅解时用)
-That’s very kind of you. Thank you very much.
- 您真是太好了!谢谢!
Answers to thanks对致谢的回答
-You are welcome.
-不用谢
-With pleasure.
-别客气
-My pleasure.
-乐意为您效劳!
-Glad to be of service. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
-很高兴为您服务,请随时与我们联系。
Apologizing致歉
-Excuse me.
不好意思,打扰一下!
-I’m awfully sorry.
- 真是很抱歉!
-I beg your pardon.
请您原谅!
-Excuse me for interrupting.
抱歉,打扰一下。不得不打扰客人时)
-Sorry to have bothered you.
抱歉,打扰了!(打扰客人后)
-I’m very sorry. There could have been a mistake. I do apologize.
对不起,可能出了什么差错,我真诚向您道歉。(有投诉时)
-I’m sorry. I’m being called.
不好意思,有人叫我/有个电话找我。(终止谈话时)
-I’m sorry. A guest is waiting for me.
抱歉,有个客人正在等我过去。(终止谈话 时)
-I’m sorry to have kept you waiting, sir.
抱歉让您久等了!
-I’m sorry. The restaurant is fully booked.
很抱歉,餐厅已经订满了。
Answers to apology对致歉的回答
-That’s all right.
- 没什么。
-It doesn’t’t matter.
- 没关系。
-It’s nothing.
- 这没什么。
Directing 指示
-Let me show you.
我给您带路吧/我指给您看。
-This way, please.
- 请这边走。
-It will be on your right hand side. You can’t miss it.
- 就在您的右手边。您会看到的
-Go straight ahead.
直走。
-Go down to the lobby.
- 往下走到大堂。
-Please take the lift to the 3rd floor.
- 请乘电梯到三楼。
-Turn left/right at the first exit.
- 在第一个出口向左/右走。
Arousing attention 提示
-Here you are.
-这是您要的XX。(递东西时用)
-Here we are.
- 就是这里了/我们到了。(到达目的地)
-Here comes the taxi.
- 出租车来了。
-Beware of the ceiling/ the wet floor, sir.
- 先生,请小心天花板/湿地板。(到达目的地)
Reassuring表示安慰
-Don’t worry, madam. We’ll see to it.
夫人,请别担心。我们会跟进这件事情的。
-I’ll look into the matter.
- 我会调查这件事情。
-I’ll be with you in a moment.
- 我马上就来。
-There is no hurry, sir. Take your time.
- 不要着急,请慢慢来。
-It won’t be too long, sir.
时间不会太长的,先生。
-Please take it easy, madam.
夫人,请慢慢来。
-We’ll let you know as soon as there is any available.
一有空位我们就会通知您的。
-I’ll report it to our manager.
我会报告给经理的。
Willing to serve表示乐意效劳
-I’ll be glad to help.
乐意为您效劳!
-Certainly, madam. I’ll be happy to do it.
当然,夫人,我非常乐意为您效劳!
-Glad to be of service. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
很荣幸为您服务。欢迎随时与我们联系。
-My name is xx, if there is anything we can do for you, just let us know.
我是xx,如果有什么需要,欢迎随时与我联系。
Declining表示婉拒
-I’m afraid such information is confidential.
抱歉,这是机密。
-That’s very kind of you, but no, thank you.
谢谢您的好意,但是,很抱歉我不能接受。
-That won’t be necessary, sir, but thank you all the same.
不需要了,先生。不过还是谢谢您。
-I’m afraid we cannot do that.
恐怕我们不能那样做。
Positive answer肯定的答复
-Certainly, sir, I’ll bring it to you right away.
当然,我马上给您拿过来,先生。
-We do have xx available.
我们有xx。
Uncertain answer未肯定时的答复
-I’m sorry we cannot guarantee it, but we’ll do our best.
很抱歉,我们不能保证,但是我们会尽力而为的。
-I’m sorry, madam, I’m afraid I’m not sure, but I’ll ask someone for you.
很抱歉,夫人,我不能确定,不过我可以找另外的人为您服务。
-If you wait a moment, sir, I’ll try to find (it) out.
如果您愿意稍等一会儿,我会找给您的。
Negative answer否定时的答复
-I’m sorry, there is no discount.
很抱歉,没有折扣。
-I’m sorry, madam, I’m afraid we don’t have any available.
夫人,不好意思,我们没有合适的了。
Expressing pity表示遗憾
-I’m sorry to hear that.
听到这个消息我也很难过。
-It’s a great pity.
真遗憾!
Expressing concern表示关怀
-Are you all right, sir?.
先生,您还好吧?
-I hope you did not hurt yourself.
希望您没有伤到自己。
-Would you like to see the doctor?
您要去看医生吗?
-I hope you are better now.
希望你已经好些了。
Being modest表示谦让
-After you, sir. / You first, sir.
请您先走,先生。
Agreeing表示同意
-That’s true.
是的。
-Absolutely, sir.
当然,先生。
-Exactly, sir.
- 确实如此,先生。
Disagreeing表示不同意
-Not really. It’s good value for the price.
这个的确货真价实。(在客人对商品价格提出质疑时。)
-Sorry, I’m afraid…
恐怕…
Understanding表示明白
-Yes, I see, sir. / Well madam, I know.
我明白了,先生/夫人。
Not understanding 表示不明白
-Could you speak more slowly?
您可以说的慢一些吗?
-I’m sorry, I don’t quite understand. Should I get the manager?
不好意思,我不是很明白。我叫经理过来,可以吗?
-Please pardon?
请再说一次。
Day/week 日/星期的表达
-Yesterday 昨天
-Today 今天
-Tomorrow 明天
-The day after tomorrow 后天
-The day before yesterday 前天
-Week 星期
-Weekend 周末
-What day is it today? 今天星期几? It’s……
-Sunday (Sun.) Monday(Mon.)
-Tuesday (Tue.) Wednesday (Wed.)
-Thursday(Thur.) Friday (Fri.)
-Saturday (Sat.)
星期日至星期六
express times时间的表达
-What’s the time now?
现在几点了?
-May I know the time now?
我能知道现在的时间么?
-It’s ……
-Useful words:
hour 小时 minute 分钟 second 秒
quarter 刻 half 半 o’clock X点整
-Three ways to express time 三种表达时间的方法
1.hour(时)+minute(分)
2.minute (分)+ past+ hour(时)
3.[60-minute(分)]+to+[hour(时)+1]
Month 月的表达
-Month 月
-What’s the date today? 今天几号?
-It’s the first in May.今天是五月一日
-January (Jan.) February (Feb.) March (Mar.) April (Apr.) May June (Jun.)
July (Jul.) August (Aug.) September (Sep.) October (Oct.) November (Nov.) December (Dec.)
1-12月:
Years 年的表达
-Year年
-The beginning of a year年初
-The end of a year年底
-Last year去年
-This year今年
-Leap year闰年
-Sixteen forty-three13年
Seasons季节的表达
-Season季节
-Spring春季
-Early spring早春
-Summer夏季
-Midsummer盛夏
-Autumn/fall秋季
-Late autumn晚秋
-winter冬季
Weather 关于天气
-What’s the weather like today? 今天天气如何?
-Today is XXX.
Cloud 云 cloudy 阴天
Sun 太阳 sunny 晴天
Rain 雨 rainy 下雨天
Fog 雾 foggy 雾天
Wind 风 windy 刮风天
Taste 味道的表达
-How is it taste?
-It’s ……
Delicious 美味的
Sweet 甜的
Sour 酸的
Salty 咸的
Bitter 苦的
Hot 辣的
Terrible 糟糕的
Colors色彩的表达
-What color is it? It’s……
在表达颜色的深浅时,直接在颜色前加dark(深)或light(浅)即可。如深蓝色为dark blue,浅红色为light red.
-Red yellow green blue white black orange
pink purple grey brown cream blue green crimson
NUMBER数字
-Cardinal No.基数词:主要表示数量,13-19都以-teen结尾,20-90等十位整数都以-ty结尾。
- Ordinal No.序数词:主要表示次第,如在表达楼层时,我们就用序数词。第4-19都由相应的基数词加-th构成。第20-90等十位整数的词是由相应的基数词去词尾-y,加-ieth构成。
Saying good-bye (告别语)
-Good-bye, and have a nice day.
再见!祝您愉快!
-We all look forward to serving you again.
- 真诚期待再次为您服务。
-We all look forward to serving you again.
- 真诚期待再次为您服务。
-Hope you enjoyed staying with us.
- 希望您在这里过得愉快!
The title of a technical post(职称)
-GM/General Manager 总经理
-EXE Secretary 总经理秘书
-Owner Representative 业主方代表
-Director 总监
-EXE Housekeeper 行政管家
-AM/Assistant Manager 大堂经理
-Manager 经理
-MOD Manager On Duty 值班经理
-Supervisor 主管
-Captain 领班
-Floor Attendant 客房服务员
-Waiter/Waitress 男/女服务员
-Clerk 文员
-Operator 接线员
-Bell Boy 行李生
-GSA/Guest Service Assistant 接待员
-GRO/Guest Relation Officer 客户关系主任
Places of Interest and address (旅游景点)
-Tiger Beach老虎滩
-Charm of the Sea Plaza 海之韵广场
-He Pole Aquarium 水族馆
-Golden Pepple Beach 金石滩
-Bingyu Valley 冰峪沟
-Lvshun City (Port Arthur) 旅顺(军港)
-Bangchui Island 棒棰岛
-Xinghai Square 星海广场
-Airport 机场
-Railway Station 火车站下载本文